As you're likely aware, we've been community driven from the start – listening to you and reading each and every one of your comments, suggestions, and criticisms. Based on the feedback we've received, we saw an opportunity to provide the community with a truly outstanding set of lock picks.
Through KickStarter, we'll be able to fund the production of these picks and reward supporters with early product access.
The purpose of this post is to explain why we launched this product on KickStarter and how KickStarter works.
First, What is KickStarter?
For those of you who don't live on the Internet, we'll start by explaining what KickStarter is.
KickStarter is a crowdfunding platform for creators looking to launch a new product, service, or artistic endeavor. There are creators (the ones who create campaigns) and backers (the ones who support creators and their campaigns).
Here's how KickStarter works:
- We've created a page on KickStarter where we pitched our product.
- We've set up reward tiers associated with contribution levels.
- Potential investors (that's you) can view our project page and decide whether you'd like to fund it. When you contribute, you pick a reward tier.
- If we successfully reach our funding goal, we'll begin laser cutting the picks through our U.S. manufacturer.
- We'll ship rewards from our successfully funded project to backers either directly or through a fulfillment service.
We began preparing for our KickStarter campaign about two months ago and have been working daily on getting it just right. Our KickStarter page includes everything you need to know about our SubtleDigs: EDC Lock Pick Sets, including a video, design features, materials, specifications, and funding goals.
What is the goal of this campaign?
Simply put, our goal is to raise 25K (our break-even number) within the next 29 days. If you can support the project, great! We'd love to have you as a backer.
If you're unable to back this project, please help us by sharing the KickStarter page with your friends and family by clicking the social icons under the green button on the campaign page.
If we hit our 25K funding goal, and you've backed us, we'll charge your credit card the amount you've pledged at the end of our campaign.
We'll then go into full production on the newest and only AI-inspired lock pick kit on the market today. Each pick set will be manufactured in the United States, supporting U.S. workers and contributing to our local economy. If we do not hit our funding goal on KickStarter, you won't be charged a dime.
How close are you to your goal?
I've never used KickStarter before. Is it easy to back a project?
- Simply create an account on KickStarter. You can sign up using an email address or Facebook; it's up to you.
- Find a project you'd like to support and click the green "Back this project" button. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gerald-g/subtledigs-edc-lock-pick-sets-designed-for-everyone?ref=852chc
- Select a pledge level and click continue.
- After you enter your billing information, click the pledge button, and you're done. You'll receive an email that confirms your status as a project backer.
- If we reach our fundraising goal, you'll be charged the amount you pledged.
- That's it!
For additional information on Kickstarter pledge issues go here: Common Pledge Problems
Have a question about our KickStarter campaign? Shoot us an email. We'd be happy to help.